Saturday, February 6, 2010

It was a beautiful day!

My birthday weekend seemed to fly by at a rapid speed, filled with sorting, packing, random shopping and everything else that goes with moving into a new place. By the time it got to Sunday (My BIRTHDAY) I was exhausted in every possible way. The last few weeks had been hard and my soul was tired. Yet I woke up, put on my smile and my tiara (check list #59)and awaited what the day would hold.

Mid-morning found me sitting in lounge awiating the surprise I was informed would be happening. And boy was it a surprise...next thing I knew in walked Pookie, her husband and her two little sisters! I actually did a double take! So my afternoon was spent with my family and my bestie at my favourite place: THE ZOO! (check list #22). I love the zoo more than I think it is healthy for any 21 year old to love the zoo! So it was alligators all the way to zebras, golf cart riding and greasy lunches, photos, laughing&talking, snow cones and ice cream and all the simplest pleasures that memories are made of!

What a day! I crawled into bed that night tired and sunburnt with aching feet, but my soul was flying. It needed the joy, the pure, simple reminder of the beauty of life.

2 comments: