Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Every little thing is gonna be alright

So I’m still struggling with job issues.

As the job I have come to love becomes increasingly redundant, I note with dismay that financial demands don’t go on holiday but rather just invite confusion to come and stay.
Do I get a new job? Do I find a second job? Where do I even start looking? And it’s so much more than ‘should I stay or should I go’ when your emotions and fulfilment are wrapped up in it!

And yet somehow, I’m at peace. I have such an assurance that God has got this, that he will provide and that his plans will prevail.
“Go in peace, the journey on which you go is under the eye of the Lord” Judges 18:6 (ESV).
I like the way the Good news bible phrases it “You have nothing to worry about, the Lord is taking care of you on this trip”

I came across an article called “Finding a job, Keeping the faith” on a Catholic news site. (I’m neither Catholic nor big on following news sites, but somehow God creates these ‘coincidences’). The Pope was quoted on an address he gave to young people in Rome:

“My life has been willed by God since eternity. I am loved, I am necessary. God has a plan for me in the totality of history: He has a plan specifically for me."
The author goes on to say...
It is a dramatic paradigm shift for the job seeker, rightfully concerned about cell-phone and car-insurance bills that can't quite be shelved to eternity. But it is a mantra to keep you plugging away: "I am loved, I am necessary." And it is pretty amazing that God's plan for you, though it doesn't match your timeline, stands to be noticed in "the totality of history."
So take a deep breath and the long view. The master's plan is unfolding right now.


Yep...His plans are unfolding...

I hope it’s not some kind of sacrilege to use Bob Marley to sum up what the Pope says, but “every little thing is gonna be all right...”

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post! It encourages me. And I love the quotes from diverse places :) It's a worthy journey to find peace in the midst of less than ideal circumstances. Perhaps that's how we most learn to find the peace of Christ, which cannot be shaken. Love your blog and thanks for stopping by mine! Have a blessed day! ---Beth

    ReplyDelete