Friday, May 7, 2010

Cookies for Chris

List #65 bake cookies for someone.

I love to bake. And even more so I love to bake for other people. Yesterday I whipped up a batch of amazingly chocolatety cookies for a new friend of mine.

I haven’t known Chris long, only a few months really and yet he has already had an incredible impact on my life.

Over the last few years and for various reasons I haven’t had very good experiences with boys...I’ve been left broken, confused and quite frankly completely unsure how to relate to the male species. And then suddenly this year, starting out at a new church, I’ve had the privilege of meeting not boys, but men. Honourable, righteous and courageous men. Guys who are genuine, who admit their imperfections, who chose their battles wisely, who listen to me and who look me in the eye.

Chris is one of them. He makes me laugh, he’s seen me cry, he’s dealt with my misplaced anger, he listens, and he speaks wisdom into my life. He’s teaching me guitar and he’s teaching me a new way; proving wrong all the ‘truths’ I’ve come to believe.

How good it is to finally meet the ‘good guys’, to have friends, to have brothers.

The prince of my childhood dreams might just be real, but to believe it I’ve first had to meet his brothers. And bake them cookies.



Choc chip cookies

Ingredients
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup flour
• 1 1/2 cups oats
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 slab milk chocolate- chopped
• 1 slap dark chocolate- chopped
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2.In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and then stir in the vanilla.
3.Stir dry ingredients into creamed butter and sugar. Add chocolate chips.
4.Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven

enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment